CENTRAL VIGILANCE COMMISSION First Meeting of Vigilance Advisory Council
On 17th August 2004 the Central Vigilance Commission set up a Vigilance Advisory Council of following eminent Members:
List of Members of Advisory Council
1. Dr. Ashok Narayan, Vigilance Commissioner, Govt. of Gujarat
2. Shri Jayaprakash Narayan, National Coordinator, Lok Satta
3. Shri G. Anantharaman, CCIT (Retd.)
4. Shri M.S. Verma
5. Adml. R.H. Tahiliani, Transparency International
6. Dr. Trinath Mishra, IPS (Retd.)
7. Shri Arvind Pande, Ex. CMD, SAIL
8. Shri Julio F. Ribeiro, IPS (Retd.)
9. Shri P.V. Rajaraman
10. Shri S.V. Giri, Ex-CVC
11. Shri N.R. Narayana Murthy, Chairman, Infosys Tech. Ltd.
12. Shri Y.H. Malegam, CA & Sr. Partner, S.B. Billimoria & Co.
The first meeting of the Vigilance Advisory Council was held on 17th
November, 2004 at New Delhi. The meeting was attended by 9 members and various issues on
dealing with corruption were discussed in the meeting.
Meeting on E-governance
The Commission on 7.6.2004 held a meeting of important PSUs at New Delhi to encourage government organisations to adopt e-procurement practices. In order to create awareness about e-procurement, a live demonstration was organised in consultation with Department of Information & Technology and National Institute of Smart Governance. Three companies i.e. Commerce-1, IBM & WIPRO made presentations on e-procurement. Copies of their presentations are also available on the Commission's website.
Report of the Pande Committee
The Pande Committee constituted by the CVC to
examine the overall aspect of vigilance administration in the Central Public Sector Units
has submitted its Report to the Commission on June, 22, 2004.
Complaints relating to fraud, revenue leakage.........