Dr. Tejendra Mohan Bhasin
Dr. Bhasin is MBA (Finance) from FMS, Delhi and LL.B. from University of Delhi, CAIIB and M.Sc. Gold Medalist. He is Delhi University topper in its one year flagship programme in ‘Criminology and Forensic Science’. Dr. Bhasin has pursued his Advanced Financial Management Programme at Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, US.
Dr. TM Bhasin has pursued research under C.H. Bhabha Research Scholarship (1999-2000) of Indian Banks’ Association and his thesis was published as a book on ‘E-Commerce in Indian Banking’ by Authors Press, Delhi in 2002.
University of Madras has conferred Ph.D Degree in ‘BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION’ on Shri Tejendra Mohan Bhasin based on his 4 years research and thesis on the subject: “Impact of Banking on Inclusive Growth”.
Dr. Bhasin joined Oriental Bank of Commerce as a Probationary Officer in June, 1978 and rose to the rank of General Manager in September, 2003. Consequent upon rigorous selection process by the Govt. Of India and RBI, Dr. Bhasin was selected and appointed as Executive Director in United Bank of India on 7th November, 2007. He was elevated as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Indian Bank on Ist April, 2010 where he served till 10th June 2015.
During his incumbency as CMD, Indian Bank, Dr. Bhasin received many coveted National and State Level awards in the fields of Banking and Finance, such as:
- National Award for Excellence in Lending to Micro Enterprises for FY 2012 on 4th April, 2013 from the Hon’ble President of India.
- National Award to Banks FY 2013 – First Prize for Excellence in Lending to Micro Enterprises on Ist March, 2014 from the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
- Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puruskar for 2012-13 for South Zone TOLIC from the Hon’ble President of India.
- First Prize and Best Bank Award for extending credit to SHGs on 24th February, 2014 from the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu consecutively for 5 years.
- Financial Express “FE BEST BANK AWARD FOR 2015” from Hon’ble Union Finance Minister.
During his incumbency as Chairman, Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) was successfully implemented and 28 crore new Saving Bank Accounts were opened. Also the Banking Industry level wage settlement for apx.10 lac Bank Officials was concluded, signed and peacefully implemented in May 2015 under his Chairmanship.
Dr. Bhasin was also the Chairman of Governing Board, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS); President, Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF); Chairperson, SWIFT User Group India during 2014-15 and served as a Director on the Board of United India Insurance Co. Ltd. for nearly five years.